View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: AK suited in second hour

[ QUOTE ]
AK looks pretty and yes it does play better when you get to see all five cards but its a dangerous hand...... i mean your a slight underdog to a small pair and why would you wanna flip if it meant most of your stack? I recently had the same situation cost me alot when i reraised all in with AK suited and some knucklehead called me with 79o??????
it knocked me out of a 400 person tournament in 10th place which paid 350. and first place was 10,000. had i only mucked it to be safe ......damm my whole life woulda changed.
good luck sir. or madam [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't argue that it's bad to push AK preflop because you got called by 9-7 and lost despite being a 3:2 favorite. That's silly. That's just bad luck.

Back to the OP, the flop push is horrid. Today I had my rockets reraised by AK PF, and then he pushed a 10-9-5 rainbow flop into me. The hand pretty much played out exactly as yours did. I doubt the villian has AA here, but why are you not giving him credit for a large pair? Everything he's done really screams at least JJ, but probably QQ+ or AK. I fold to the reraise preflop here. AK is a great hand, but you have a very decent stack still, and have lots of poker you can play with that stack. I wouldn't risk it here. Wait for a better spot.

Brad