Thread: Soft Play
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Soft Play

I host a game and my wife plays. This never really comes up in our games by anyone else, but I am always thinking about what other people think about my plays when I am up against my wife.

However....

Does it really matter? If I bust my wife or my wife busts me, I could be accused of chip dumping. If I check a pot down with her, I would be accused of soft-play. Really, if they are married, they are likely sharing their BR and it would have been more advantageous for them to dump their chip to the other. This way they have a better chance at 1st place.

My suggestion would be to mention to them (light-heartedly) to be careful about how they play against each other because some people may fear collusion.

The other solution would be to tell the complainers to lighten up. Its a fun game, remember? And does it really matter if each of them has 500 chips or one of them has 1000. I think it does, and their choice to soft play in that situation was a bad play. They would have been better off dumping to the other.