View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Why choose Limit over No-Limit?

Well, i just read most of this post, and Sthief's post and wanted to reply,
I've played about 50K hands of limit over the last 9 months, and recently decided to switch over to NL just to try something new (3K-4K hands). I don't think I'll ever switch back.

I've seen a ton of posts debating which is more boring. If you are a tight passive full table nut peddler winning 4-5PTBB/100, I couldn't agree more and would rather watch grass grow.

Now...
If you play 6 max NL, and want to make the 8-10 PTBB/100, there is no where else you will have more fun. Stealing pots, value betting second pair, making the big move on a scare card, coming over the top on a semi bluff, stealing blinds with nothing and then having to play the hand, and lastly delayed bluffs; calling a decent bet on the flop, knowing you have no chance of winning a showdown, just to come over the top on the turn, nothing better. NL is a fantastic game. If you don't want it to be boring, dont play it to be boring. Make good tactical moves, using strong applied aggression. dont just nut peddle. Do this, and its an awesome game.