View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: 10 Hands, down 18 BBs - I quit for night? NC

Last night, Sit down at 1/2 9 max, and first hand after posting got a QJ and get to limp in, flop J2K, I bet it down and a guy called whole way, turns over AK that wasn't raised pre-flop.

4 more hands go by and I get QT in CO and limped in, K79 flop checked through, Q on turn I bet, get called, river 6, get called, a poster hit a straight (he had a 58o).

3 hands later I get QQ, I raise pf, 3 cc's, BB calls. Flop 886, I bet, 1 fold, turn 7, I bet, 1 fold. River A. 2 remaining players had AQ and AK.

Another trip around the horn and I get AA. Raise it up. 4 people in with me. 47Q flop, I bet 1 fold. Turn K, I bet, all call. River K I bet, 1 raise, I call knowing I'm beat by KKK. Guy had KTo he cold-called a pre-flop raise with.

At this point I'm down 18BB (due to blinds, etc) and I'm hating variance, but I sure like this table. I cash in for more chips (I don't like having less than 10BB at the table).

I get dealt TT in BB. Yeah, just the hand that'll raise my hopes. 4 players limp + SB completes. I check. Flop comes Q7Q, so I bet, 1 caller. Turn 2h, I bet, he raises. I call, cursing. River... T. I check-raise and get a total of 6BB back. Just think if I had raised the TT like I should have. Villain had a Q.

I ended up about 3.5 BB on that table after 67 hands. I had to leave it for dinner. I'm glad I didn't close it after I was down 18BB. I'm still getting used to the amount of money at this level, too, and that $36 looked large.

KO