View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: My 2nd Biggest Losing Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Deuce seven beats AA 12% of the time. Raise Preflop until they don't call you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Non sequitur. AA is worth much more than the blinds. I average about 15 big blinds with AA, 10 times the amount of the blind money, and I would win a lot less if I followed your advice.

72o outflops AA about 3.6% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't make myself clear, What I meant was Raise Preflop unless your raises are getting too much respect, then you can consider something like limping in early position with AA and then check raising them if they raise you.

The main problem with this hand is that the original poster did not raise his big pocket pair preflop.

The only time at this level you might consider not raising preflop is if you find your last few preflop raises are getting too much respect and not getting called.

In this case with JJ in the small blind I would have bet about 5 times the big blind.

With AA I might consider betting 3-4 big blinds but I would almost never limp in the small blind.

In early position if thinking aggressive players are giving my preflop raises too much respect and folding to my raises I might consider checking AA and then checkraising their late position preflop raises. This will probably never happen at levels below .05/.10

Even at the .25/.50 level I'm sitting in tables where 30-40% of the players see the flop.

Your opponents call too much.
Don't give 27o , 69o a free flop.

Bet those pairs of aces kings queens and jacks.