View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Pocket Queens, five handed

What an interesting situation. My simple insticts say push. The reason I say this is that you have every other person in the hand covered. Then I take a look and realize that big stack BB is still to act. What a nice little quirk. Let's forget about BB and just say he folds a good 99% of the time. I'm probably making this too complicated or way too simple. And so comes the thinking out loud: If BB and UTG go away, the most you can lose is 885 chips, leaving you still in a fine position hovering around 8BB's. If you win, you're automatically in the money and have a good chip lead. If UTG calls, he most likely has some big pocket pair or maybe AK/AQ. If he wins the hand, you'll drizzle out third.
I think most of the time UTG folds here because he's raising with a marginal holding that he didn't feel comfortable pushing into the two other big stacks in the blinds, but felt was worth a steal attempt. MP probably saw this as his chance to get some great pot odds with a very wide range of holdings. The only person I'd truly be worried about is button, who knows he has little to no folding equity from UTG but is ready to go up against 2 other hands. Why am I still typing? I think your hand is too good to fold and not the AA that I would call with. Push.