Thread: AC choices
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: AC choices

We decided on the Taj 12:15, and did not meet with success. 210 players, surprised me for a Wednesday. I was doing OK the first couple levels, then got TT beat by JJ and pulled a sorta tilty steal bluff that blew up in my face. (The tourney ran until 6:30 and 1st paid $4k.)

Retired to the 1-2NL, got on a fresh table, and was up 150 within half an hour. Hit a dead stretch of cards (though still managed the occasional steal) until AA came along. My friend who'd driven me down bet out at me on the flop, and my big re-raise didn't scare him off. Took down a big pot, though it left me on the hook for dinner.

Some good hands, some stealing, and I cashed out after 6 hours +$500.

Had one blind defense gone horribly right: my BB was raised to 12 by the same guy who'd raised at least the previous one and I think the one before as well, so I decided to put my foot down. (Defending blinds probably isn't so essential in a cash game...I just didn't like getting the same raiser and same raise repeatedly...it smelled bad.) So I call with my 84o, planning to bet at whatever flop comes. (Yes, this should just be a waste of money.) I bet 20 or maybe 25 at the raggedy A-high flop, the guy angry-folds his KK face-up and walks off. I show my 84o and the table gasps.

After dinner, some 2-4 (no wait) instead of more 1-2 (wait). A few nice hands early on put me up about 40, but then managed to idiot my way through a parade of the trashiest of trash hands and cashed out down about 50.

Made astoundingly good time back to Brooklyn (2 hours). Tomorrow will be a sleepy day.