View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Hannity & Colmes

[ QUOTE ]
Kennedy didn't "kill a girl." He wasn't in the car when she drove off the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong.

Mary Jo Kopechne Incident

From the link:

Kopechne and Kennedy left the party at 11.15pm. Kennedy had offered to take Kopechne back to her hotel. He later explained what happened: "I was unfamiliar with the road and turned onto Dyke Road instead of bearing left on Main Street. After proceeding for approximately a half mile on Dyke Road I descended a hill and came upon a narrow bridge. The car went off the side of the bridge.... The car turned over and sank into the water and landed with the roof resting on the bottom. I attempted to open the door and window of the car but have no recollection of how I got out of the car. I came to the surface and then repeatedly dove down to the car in an attempt to see if the passenger was still in the car. I was unsuccessful in the attempt."

Read the rest of the article. Kennedy got a slap on the wrist when he deserved to be in jail IMO. Also many believe that the circumstances of the case indicate that it's highly possible he murdered her.