View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Playing a draw against a LAG, trying to pick up bluff outs

I just really don't feel like I should have to make a new account. Honestly, and don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't come here to make friends or be a popular poster. Those things are meaningless to me, and so I'll just stop making posts in response to personal stuff. Call me Matador or whatever else you want I guess.

I came to learn, and I am learning. This thread has been very informative, even though I am disagreeing with much of the analysis. For example, I thought he might have folded an ace high flush draw or a low pocket pair. It turns out he wouldn't have, but at the time of the bet I thought there was a good chance he might have, so the results of the hand are really not relevant. It was, I think, the right play at the time I made it. In retrospect, it turns out he was a dreadful calling station who would have called me with ace-high, so I was very lucky to win. But given my reads and observation of his play at that table, I think it was a good bet.

I actually thought where I screwed up was the CR on the flop. I should have waited and popped him on the turn. Would have made my bluff more convincing, possibly (though he might have correctly read me for a draw and repopped, in which case I wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger on the river).

All in all, I thought it was an interesting hand and an interesting set of decisions. It's too bad the discussion got derailed and people decided they'd rather tell me I sucked than engage in a serious discussion of the hand.

~ Tilts