View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: What is the best Dell Laptop deal you have ever seen?

[ QUOTE ]
buyer beware. . .

three years ago, i purchased a dell laptop spending over 3,000$ and within 2 and a half years the thing broke. I'm not just talking about minor problems, im talking about completely inoperable. the damn thing wouldn't even turn on

thier customer service is also horrible. its slow and takes a lifetime to get a live service rep. when you finally get a service rep, they speak absolutely no english. damn outsourcing, its like talking to a retarded wall. they also have no email or online chat support either

just a friendly suggestion, stay away from dell. the quality of thier product has declined tremendously over the last few years and thier tech support is a disgrace. (they make partypoker's tech support look good)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not the only one. My current laptop is an Inspiron 1100 I bought 2 years ago. Apparently it wasn't designed for heavy use, I'm a law student and its basically on constantly, and I'm constantly using it. It overheats horribly and once every 3 months, like clockwork, the AC Adapter breaks. I think it just melts eventually, the thing heats up really bad. I am incredibly careful with it, whenever I recieve a new one now I immediately tape it up with electrical tape to strengthen it, but after about 3 months, its no good anymore. I have the 3 year warranty (thank god, because the replacement AC adaptors are like $100), and every time i call to get a replacement, its a several day ordeal requiring many many phone calls, with people who are about as fluent in english as those who make up party's tech support. Sometimes I think its the same exact people. I have friends with similar stories from Dell. I wonder if its worth the extra few hundred dollars to get one of those real "name brand" systems, like alienware? What kind of system do you have? I am in the market for a new laptop and have been tempted by these Dell deals, but my current experience with them is turning me off from it.
As a side note, can someone tell me how to make paragraphs in my post? I hate it when my posts look like this, they've gotta be impossible to read.