View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Playing a draw against a LAG, trying to pick up bluff outs

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much only read strategy posts, and read mostly HUSH and high limit. I guess I missed him, or didn't pay attention. I understand a bit more now, as this was pretty confusing. Are you saying I post like him, or I am him? Either way, I don't think I'm nearly as much of a total ass, and I'm certainly not some dopey troll on another account.

As I said, I'm here to try to learn ... though it's harder and harder when every second post seems to be responding to personal insults. Maybe I'll go back to lurking unless I have something really pressing to ask/add. I'm spending entirely too much time on this idiotic board drama, and I really could care less if people love or hate me so long as I get better at poker.

~ Tilts

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilts, there are two possibilities for what happened in regards to your time on the forums:

1. You are a troll
2. You just got unlucky. The first hand posts you made were controversial, and led to some heated debate (this is more than normal on here). Then, since you were a new poster, you got a bad reputation. Then, things just snowballed.

What about this test? You create a new account, and come back. Then, several things could happen:

- You could become a valuable member of the community
- You could be a respected poster, who is known to be a little argumentative (nothing at all wrong with that)
- You could run a similar path, and have people not only accusing you of being The-Matador, but also Tilts!

You seem to think that the board full of hostile jerks. Well, this seems to be a good way of seeing if maybe it is not the board that was the reason for the ways things developed.

(Also, I think this should be the last time I respond to you, as (IF you are a troll) I dont want to get sucked in. And Flair may get on my case [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])