View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Empire VIP club?

various VIP questions -

yup....it's just 'accumulated' points. so you can spend them as you please.

yup...the $100 is placed DIRECTLY into your account. I don't typically just deposit the $1k and then immediately cash it out after they give me the $100 though (it usually takes a day or two for them to grant you the $100). I leave it in there for a month or more sometimes just to make it not QUITE so obvious. They are giving me a gift so I figure it doesn't kill me to leave my money in there for a little while (and then maybe cash-out $2k after back to back months or something)....
but, yes, there is no rule about just cashing it out right after they give you the $100 gift.

i don't know the best way to get 'bumped'.
but if you can also deposit an extra $500 to $1000 in there every once in awhile (just to cash it out again later) that might make you look like a 'bigger' player and might catch their attention too.

also - somebody sent me a PM asking about the special "Microbob MTT plan".
I should mention that satellites work as well as normal tourneys for these (as long as they are 9+1 or higher).
The satellites are great because they are usually smaller fields.
I would typically avoid the 10+1, $1000-guaranteed type tourneys because these would have larger fields and I wanted to save my 'tourney-time' to try to get in as many as possible.

I've played some MTT's that were only 2 or 3 players such as $50 PLO at 3am or something.
Even if it's only 2 or 3 players it still counts as an MTT.
However, you will often be up against another 2+2'er trying to accumulate the points if/when you do this.

Also - you have to be prepared for the ridiculous formats of these tourneys.
It goes to hand-for-hand automatically when you get to 2 tables.
I've played in satellites that had 20 players and only 1st place got the prize. but it was hand-for-hand right-away.
Don't expect these too go quickly.
you almost invariably get one or two opponents go on super-monkey tilt because Empire's format sucks SO badly.
If you avoid tilt and just wait it out you can just watch all the other impatient dudes knock each other out because they just can't stand it anymore.

Even the tourneys that get less than 10 players will take forever because of the blind structure.
I've played a tourney that had just 4 players sign-up. After 1-hour of play at the first break we still had 4 players.
I played a 10-player tourney that took over 2 hours.
I have played several heads-up tourneys that took 45 minutes or longer.

Finally - I did this BEFORE they had their re-buys. I don't know how the re-buys affect the VIP points at all.
I highly recommend avoiding the re-buys because they charge an extra entry-fee when you re-buy and add-on.
In other words, if you play a 20+2 that is a re-buy then you have to pay another 20+2 to rebuy (instead of just another 20 like most sane sites like pokerstars).
This makes a BIG difference.
When I play a 30+3 re-buy on Stars then it effectively becomes a deep-stack 120+3 on average (because I will always take at least one re-buy and the add-on) whereas on empire it would be a 120+12.
It's a total rip-off, we don't know if you are even getting more VIP points for each rebuy or not, and they should be avoided just on basic principle.