View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: KK in MP - turn check?

Hmm, tough one. UTG most likely has a mid PP or paired T, so any bets he puts in is a nice overlay for us and is drawing at best to 2 outs. Giving him a free card isn't a big deal but we do want to extract the max value. If we bet the turn and SB doesn't c/r, then I'm sure he's coming along for at least 1BB. If SB c/r's then more often than not he folds.

Which brings us to SB. Your read says he can be a liberal checkraiser here, which is especially scary considering his flop action too. His possible hands are a T with a high kicker, a 6, or a flush draw that's raising for value. It's difficult to tell whether his turn check is him going into call down mode with a T and your flop aggression, or an opportunity to c/r with his 6/flush vs. your likely overpair.

In the moment I bet it out, and call a checkraise. I'd most likely call the river UI due to the size of the pot alone and the fact that I have no reads on these guys. Wow, looks like I'm losing the max in this hand if I'm behind. Perhaps a turn check isn't all that bad...