View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Why are poker players (and in particular these forums) so hostile?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for the AJ hand, it's pretty clear I was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

What is funny, is that you made this long post stating that villian didnt open from the button. Then jason posted clearly showing that villian HAD TO BE the button.

Then you never returned.

Very easy 3-bet in our games if villian is the button (and, once they realized villian was the button) the entire MHS agreed.

EDIT: This was your post in MHS:

"If you are dealt AJo in the BB in a normal name (not too tight or too loose), 7-handed, and MP1 raises while the SB cold calls (in a 1/3 blind structure), what is hero's action? Call, raise or fold? Assume both the raiser and caller are unknowns. "

This was the hand:

Party Poker (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds, MP1 (unkown) raises, SB (unkown) calls, Hero calls </font>.

If you can explain how, in a 7 handed game, after 4 folds, the player acting isnt the button. I will listen.

But, Im assuming you will ignore this post, because you are clearly wrong.

You made an intentionally misleading post in MHS because you know that you made a mistake in the hand as it was posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT WAS THE BUTTON.

What matters is that in an entirely unrelated post, Sfer decided to tell me I sucked and I effed up that hand by not reraising. When an unknown player raises, even from the button, and an unknown SB puts in 1 and 2/3 bets to call, and I look down at AJ off, it is a very, very borderline reraise, and probably just a call. The point was that Sfer was looking back through my other posts for some way to critique my play, and that was the best he could come up with. That's what I was right about. I'm fine with admitting it was a freaking button--what's silly is how much people focused on that and not on the SB's cold call. The SB is why it was not a clear reraise, and was probably just a call.

And I posted the exact same thing in MH before I realized it was actually the button. Then it was clarified in MH and it was STILL clear it was not an obvious reraise, and was probably just a call. I was obviously not trying to mislead anyone.

You see, this is the sort of thing that bugs me about these boards. You assume I was running to MH to try to get myself proven correct. That is absurd and childish and I never even considered it, but because this board has so many absurd children on it, you assumed I was just like you/them. In fact, Sfer had made me question my own play and I went there to see what the best players had to say. I wanted to learn and ask a question, but I got board stalked and the SS crew chimed in with flames. I say this with as much respect as I can and with complete sincerity--you need to grow up.

~ Tilts