View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: I\'m going to Disneyworld! Tell me where to stay

I just got back from Disneyworld and had a great time. The cheapest resorts to stay in are the All Star themed ones and the Pop Century. I have stayed there before and those are swarming with kids. Altogether though they are not that bad. Currently on the Disney site they have a vacation for 4 for 7 days starting at $1500. This is a pretty good deal.

This last time I stayed at the Saratoga Springs which was very nice. If you can't stand that many kids then I would advise you to stay in the moderate priced resorts such as the New Orleans themed one. There are a few others but I cannot recall their names.

As for theme parks, I do not believe a 2 year old would enjoy the animal kingdom. As it is mostly just wild animals and very few rides that are that enjoyable. Then again if your daughter likes animals then it could be enjoyable. MGM studios had mainly shows, a few which were pretty terrible. Epcot is a nice place to go but again it might be more enjoyable for someone older. The world showcase is nice but many of the rides such as Mission space and Soarin require you to be a certain height. Make sure you do however catch the fireworks at both Magic Kingdom and the Illuminations show in Epcot as they are really great.

You can also just get your tickets with the Park Hopper option which allows you to go from park to park. So if you go to Animal Kingdom and find it out it's not for your daughter, you can leave and go to Magic Kingdom in both in the same day. Also, remember to take advantage of FastPass when you are at any park. It is explained in the guidemap at every park. This will save you a crapload of time from standing in lines.

One last thing, if you stay in one of the Disneyworld resorts you not only get shuttle service to and from all the parks but you also get extra magic hours in certain parks. For example, on Friday's I believe Magic Kingdom is open until 2AM.

Have fun!