View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Let\'s face it im horrible fish

[ QUOTE ]
How low can I cut it down before blinds will start killing me?
I know only one very succesfull tight short handed player, "Lakerman" - I quess his vpip is something like 24% - how can they make lot of money playing so tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was beating the 5/10 game with a VPIP of under 22%. My current VPIP is still under 25%

If you go through the archives there were lots of incredible players who had steller win rates with VPIPs under 25.

I think having a high VPIP and being super aggresive pre flop is this romantic notion most posters on here have. Like being 30+/20+ and a winner is somehow so much cooler than being 23/15 and a winner. The reality is that I think very few can do the former, and they are very talented. Not saying you cant obtain this. But its obviously not working for you now, and for someone new to 6max (and if I recal correctly, new to limit as well) its much much better to start out tight and then loosen up. I'd be willing to bet that all the winning 30+/20 players, started out as sub 25 VPIP players and loosened up as they gained in skill and experience.