View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: best way to get familiar with the market?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Have fun the rest of the summer and good luck in your college career! Which college are you attending?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to attend the University of Florida, which has a really good business school.

[ QUOTE ]
This summer, you should review your college's course guide and understand the core curriculum of courses you'll be required to take.

[/ QUOTE ] The courses related the business/economics that I have to take the first year (tracking courses) are micro and macro economics, problem sovling using computer software and survery of calc.

Sophmore year I take intro to financial accounting, statistics, managerial accounting.

The last two years is where it gets really really heavy in econ courses

[ QUOTE ]
Have you given any thought at this stage to specifically what you would like to do as it relates to the stock market? Why are you leaning toward a stock market related job at this time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Things have that intrested me are things like a stockbroker, market analysis, but I'm not fully aware of all the type of jobs that relate to this feild so I know it will change over time.

[ QUOTE ]
Corporations stand on 5 primary legs... Operations, Marketing/Sales, Technology, Finance and Human Resources. Make sure you can diversify your eduction thru prudent use of electives to gain an understanding of all those areas.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea we have to take courses not only related to econmics but to business in general as well which I think will help with the understanding of that.

Thanks for the recomendations on books