View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Fold or Crying Call?

If she is playing the Ace or trips there is a good chance she will just call fearing the 6 or flush.

You think MP raised with 55 or puts hero on AK clubs or a 3-bet from the blinds with a 6? I disagree.

1) Seeing as I don't know how the MP plays or the table and having played in enough games where any pair will make it 2 bets I don't want to disregard a small pair. Not likely, I agree, but not imposible.

2) As for the BB making it 3 with a 6, the hand I had in mind was a pair of 6s. The goal would be to push out the limpers and get heads up. This is more of a higher limits move. As for the MP having a read of the hero having a 6 this comes from playing a those wild low limit games where players always seem to be scared of unlikely hands, "seeing ghosts" if you will.

3) I'd 3 bet with AKs, AQs, KQs. Again not likely but another "seeing ghosts" read that low limit players tend to make. The bet into a trash suited flop will have reenforced MP's fears.

These points are all secondary to my point that the hero should have bet the turn and are mostly what if scenarios.