View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Couple of hands: Laying down big pairs

[ QUOTE ]
I might have made a slightly bigger reraise on hand 1, but i think you played them both fine. No way I'm laying down QQ against that flop. May I assume he had a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigger re-raise preflop on Hand 1, correct? If so, then I agree. I knew right away that it was a mistake. Sometimes, I get over excited with PP and make my raises before thinking enough about them. He actually showed Ah Th, so I know laying down was the right move in this case. I just wanted to see how others would have played it.

In hand 2, I lost to flopped 2 pairs. He had T6o.

Interestingly, ZeeJustin talks about a similar hand in his blog:

"During 3000/6000 blinds it folded to a player 2 off the button who pushed all-in for 1000 (not even enough to call the blinds). I had QQ on the button and raised to 16,000. Only the big blind called. The flop came T65 with 2 diamonds. My opponent checked, and I bet 20,000 into the 36,000 chip pot. My opponent check raised to 40,000. This was a somewhat worrisome bet, but in a button vs. big blind confrontation, my hand was too strong to do anything but push. I moved all-in for 74,000, and he called and flipped up TT for top set. The turn and river blanked, and I was out of the tournament."