Thread: an AA hand...
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: an AA hand...

In the game I was playing, there was rarely a flop seen without a raise beforehand. I guess I should have mentioned that. Are you suggesting I raise instead and hope for a reraise so I can reraise? That could be the optimal play, but I was actually looking to imitate my earlier play so he would give me less credit for the preflop nuts. I didn't mind taking a flop with the guy, though he probably did have sufficient odds to call and crack AA since he got a little over 2:1 preflop after my raise(and with my call on the flop, a little over 6:1 on his preflop call taking into account the implied odds). With that in mind, you're preflop play would probably be better(or I should've made a bigger reraise).

Come to think of it, in a similar game with some of these players, I raised preflop with AA($10), got one caller on the button, and then another super-aggressive opponent reraised to $40 from the sb. I reraised to $150, the button called(God knows...), and the sb asked me how much I had left. When I told him about $400, he just called, and proceeded to pay me that $400 when the flop came A44 and the turn came J to give him jacks full. Oh yeah, the button called $150 preflop with 55, but they folded on the flop.

Damn, I have a good game down here... I'll raise for value next time.

Oh, and by the way, the guy in the OP showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and my aces held up. I think he was in a hurry to win some money back after busting out earlier.