View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Best chips for the money.

For cost, the best cheap chips are probably the faux clay dice; not much to look at but good feel, sound and stackability. I've heard that you can mark them up decently with a sharpie but most colors end up looking black on the chips; someone on www.chiptalk.net was testing this.

For looks, Nexgens are pretty good especially with a custom label which increases their security. I've noticied differences in feel between the Las Vegas Nexgens compared to the RPT Nexgens. I believe the Bee's are more similar to RPT's but I've never actually handled the new Bee's.

As for other chips, I have about 2k worth of the BPC Neophytes which I really like. I think they are near the top of the cheap chip (< .30) list. I believe the Kingpins at www.acehighsupply.com are identical but don't have labels. I also have about 1k worth of the 9g Las Vegas ProClay chips and these are also decent chips with good looks, stackability and price but they are rather slick to the touch.

If you really want to move up a notch, take a look at www.thepokerchipcompany.com (good quality chips but look like cheap quality chips), www.pokerchips.com (R E A L clay chips for .35/chip) and www.nevadajacks.net (the run sales on the Desert Sands and Dead Man ceramics now and then for around < .50/chip).

As in any chip purchase, GET SAMPLES and decide for yourself.

Good luck.