View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Crystal meth more popular than weed?

[ QUOTE ]
I submit that everyone on this message board is too old to have any clue if this is true. I'm 25 and have an 18 year old nephew. When I was in HS meth was non-existant. In the last 18 months 80-85% of my nephew's friends have turned into full bore meth addicts. None of these kids smoke bud anymore--everything they have is put into getting meth. I wouldn't doubt that meth has overtaken bud in gross consumption, since meth addicts have to constantly get more and more to function. A heavy bud smoker can make due with a 1/4 ounce a week. There is probably more bud smokers but, individualy, they smoke much less quantity than meth addicts do.

BTW, 90% of the 80-85% of my nephew's friends have already destroyed their life via death, prison, and physical deformities. This shite is wicked bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you start doing meth you stop smoking weed. You want to save your money for meth. Now, I don't believe that meth is more prevalent that weed, but I can see how it could be getting close.

If you have never lived in a rural area or don't know people that do meth (ie you're just a typical pot smoker) I can see how this would be hard to believe. But there are a LOT more meth users than the average person realizes.