View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Leak Ashamed and time to come clean (my story)

So here's my story. After working real hard on my game I have finnaly become a consistent winner (been winning for over a year now but got especially good in March) . Since March this year I am up over 8K(net) playing 1-2NL both live and online (about 15BB and hour).

The sad thing is I have little to show for it. I still play 1-2 (because my roll is gone). You see over the same period of time (5 months) I have blown close to same if not more (probably more, havent kept close tabs) on table games such as bacarrat and BJ.

Luckily for me I have a great job and pay no rent, but I feel really disgusted with myself for not having more to show. I should be investing more, buying a house, giving to charity, sh%t give to my family back home in Chile who needs it. Anything could have been better than how I pissed my money away.

I post this as a promise that BJ will never be played by me again (at least not for a few years when I become more responisble). So I tell all of you don't fall into the same trap. Poker players are known to have gamble. This is part of what makes a lot of us good. When i play, I am feerless with my money and will take some chances others wouldnt (cause money is like water to me) and that is probably why I have won at a very high rate.

So what now? For me I guess my next challenge is to re-build and protect my bankroll. Also, I hope to be playing 10-25 NL by next years world series. Perhaps ill do it perhaps i wont, but one thing is for sure if I fail it wont be because of a leak.