View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Your ENTIRE bankroll on AA...do you do it?

I was one of the first people to respond to this thread, and I said, "hell yeah." I stand by that. I don't have a small bankroll, either. I have enough to comfortably play 30/60.

The funny thing is I always considered myself risk-adverse, and I've been very conservative about managing my bankroll and moving up limits. In fact, I think in general that has stunted my poker growth and cost me money in the long run.

The answer seems to hinge on how you define "bankroll." I don't define bankroll as my entire net worth. Also, if I lose my bankroll, I can still play poker. I have assets outside of my poker bankroll that I can draw on.

Even if for some reason I couldn't redeposit from my own savings, I could borrow from a friend and rebuild. Of course, I am not a pro. I have income outside of poker. If I were a pro, however, I would still do it if I knew someone would stake me if I lost.

Of course, I could double my money with less risk, but I would have to play for a long time to do it! It would require a lot of work. Why not let it ride on one hand when you are a more than a 4:1 favorite? That is a great bet, and I would not be ruined if I lost.

So, yeah, "hell yeah" is my answer.