View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: QQ on a KKx flop

[ QUOTE ]
In fact villain turned over K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], which I had not considered as a possible holding for him. That led me to think that one should not necessarily confine unknown players hands to the same range that you would play or raise with yourself, and to consequently wonder whether I should have folded at any stage after he raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: an unknowns 3-betting standards - IMO it's tough to say whether on average - they are more or less liberal than the average poster here. Granted there are some donks out there who will do it with anything, but there's also a lot of passive/mediocre/semi-decent playing non-2+2ers who don't even think to 3-bet TT. Personally, I think the latter category outnumbers the former.

In any case your reasoning is completely backwards. If you're of the opinion that the average player has a wider range of 3-betting hands than yourself, then you should be MORE willing to call him down here, not less. If he does this with KT, he can just as easily have AQ, AJ, AT, QJ, 77, etc.