View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: AKo All-In Question

first off, you do know that you have this hand history on your computer, or you should set up your party account to do so. This will save you from using memory in the future.

With AKo at this stage of things and your position I would not make any raise less than 3BB. 2BB is just too risky of a call from people you don't wan't calling.

I don't necessarily agree that it is an automatic All-in if the blinds were 150/300. You would start hand with almost 11BBs so you can still raise 3BBs and reevaluate based on reads and players ahead of you if they reraise.

Well, if you were going to call an AI I agree with your analysis it would have been better to push all in to begin with. The reason I would not necessarily push all in with 11 to 15 BBs is if the flop misses me I could be a very big dog the rest of the hand and I can get away from it.

If you were planning to call the AI you have to be the first to push them into the middle. Just remember you don't need to have a hand to raise, but you should have one to reraise, or call an All In.

It would be tough but I might lay this down to an all-in that knocks me out from an unkown player at my table.