View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: need help playing online poker - i don\' understand why i lose this

If you have questions about how you played hands, go through your Hand Histories and post specific ones in Small Stakes or Heads-Up Shorthanded. You'll get better strategy responses than by just asking broad questions here.

Secondly, you've only played like 4000 hands. Thats nothing. After that many hands, your stats, especially winrate are insignificant. There have been winning players that have gone on 30,000 hand break-even streaks, and very good players who lost 400BB over 10,000 hands. In poker, variance is huge, even moreso in Shorthanded play. If you can't handle the swings, drop down to limits where the monetary amounts don't matter so much.

It's important that you stop giving money absolute values and thinking about your results in terms of final dollar amounts. This attitude is just going to make you tilt and prevent you from becoming a better player.

You need to follow jmans advice. 3/6 is not the same game online as it is live, and if you haven't read many poker books yet you may be in for a surprise. I'd say drop down, read some books, and once you feel that you understand many of the concepts presented move up.

Good Luck