View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Why are poker players (and in particular these forums) so hostile?

[ QUOTE ]
The OOT forum is just embarrassing, politics is similar, and WPT is dreadful.

[/ QUOTE ]
first of all don't hate on the OOT b/c that place is for entertainment and not for the elevation of your poker game or to improve any other part of your life. when you go to the OOT it's to get away from the seriousness from the poker related forums and it's brilliant.

yes, the politics and WPT sections suck because ALL it is is flaming and nothing else.

secondly, you have to realize that when you have thousands of people together playing an ego-maniacal sport/game and then discussing their thoughts about it that they are going to get immature about it at times, especially coming from teenagers and college kids or even some forty-somethings that are set in their ways and don't want to hear anyone's crap. it just goes with the territory and this is why i don't post comments on others' hands b/c what i have to say will eventually be said anyway, now i will post a hand history (using bison's hand converter) every now and then if i feel the need to and let others tell me how i played a hand wrong or right.

i am like you i try to stay away from the childish arguements, now i may not be like you and stay away from the childish OOT [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but that place is like crack [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]