View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Are there any full time poker players who only play in B&M\'s

I've seriously thought about doing this just to see if I can. I get some backup income from non-poker, but still gambling related things so I wouldn't be giving up much (besides rakeback).

At Bay 101, I have no problem thinking that 1 BB/hr is totally reasonable at both the $20/40 and $40/80. BUT, I've experienced some daytime line-ups that have made me cringe there. They aren't great players (I've seen very few), but they aren't total donks. And if I don't have at least one donk, it seriously makes the game less profitable.

I still think, even with the obvious crappy daytime hours (which I would probably avoid and just play from like 3p-12a or so every day) for 20 days out of the month and I should be able to do $6400 at $20/40...

Actually, looking at that now, that seems high. I don't doubt I can do 40 hours a week live, but I didn't think that much could be made from $20/40 by playing live... interesting numbers crunch.

I'd like to wait until I'm more comfortable with the $40/80 there, but I'm going to seriously consider a month of trying this sometime this fall/winter.

So I do think it's possible, but I think online is probably better. The only upsides to live play would be the fact I could take 40 hours of that, but 40 hours of 4-8 tabling online makes me want to puke.