View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Another ME Hand - QQ on terrible board

I really don't like betting the flop here. There are very few hands that would call a reraise, overtake you on the flop, and fold to a flop bet. Some say KQ and the like, but IMO that's just too remote of a possibility in this spot. Pretty much all of the hands you'll fold are drawing plenty slim at this point, and you have a slight chance of overtaking the hands that have you crushed.

IMO the only way you are going to get a better hand to lay down is on the turn, and your opponent will need to come out firing for that to happen. Once he checks it to you, I think you should check behind. The only way I see you folding a better hand is to fire bullets on the turn and river, but that's risking an awful lot of chips when your opponent could be holding a monster.

[EDIT] Another reason I like checking the turn is that, assuming the river bricks, you'll lose less when behind and gain more if your opponent decides to bluff. If he has nothing, he'll probably be tempted to fire a decent sized amount out since you've shown so much weakness. If he has you beat, he'll probably fire a much smaller bet since you've shown so much weakness.