View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: need help playing online poker - i don\' understand why i lose this

First of all I am new to the forums so don't flame me, thanks

I agree with part 1) of your post. I'm going to buy those 2+2 books (listed on the other threads...) and read them. And partake in many of your part 1 suggestions.

I'm quite open to suggestions and all, so don't berate me for any of my opinions....

I am approximately 2BB/100 hands though that is sloping down due to my current playing...is this good or bad?!?

So I think the major source of my loss comes from two things:
1) playing too much / fatigue / time of play
2) Overplaying certain hands even when clearly I am beaten, attempting a semi-bluff / bluff / steal and continuing to bet even though clearly beaten

I play 5-8 hrs a day, what about you guys?

More details for #2) I saw a bunch of hands I had today and yesterday where i had something strong like KK or high two pair, with a 4 cards to a straight on the table, and yet I would call on the river. Also seemingly during a pot steal if reraised, I will usually call or reraise (end up spending more money). I believe it is situations like this is what ends up costing me major bucks as each of these situations is a medium to semi-large pot which I lose. Is there an easy way to track this (poker tracker)? Or do you guys have this problem too?