View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Your ENTIRE bankroll on AA...do you do it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dogmeat - How many BB's do you have in your roll?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have over 1000BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing a level you have over 1000BB's for seems to go against everything you are saying in this thread. Do you think you are more than 15% to go broke with 1000BB's at your current level of play?

Seems like playing with about 100BB's dropping down to the next level each time you lost 50BB's would provide about the same element of risk you are looking at here with AA all-in. I didn't do the math, but it must be something similar to this idea assuming you are a winning player, no?

So why 1000BB's?

Nigel

btw - this question isn't just aimed at you, but to all the hypothetical risk takers in this thread who actually play with 300BB+ rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I have in my bankroll, the better I play - I don't know why, but I don't tilt (much) and I don't make too many bad plays. I haven't proven myself to be able to beat the next step ($30/$60) with any regularity, my last shot there online I went through 150BB. I'm most comfortable playing $10/$20, but most of the better games are at $15/$30. Not everybody is a genius, I'm a grinder - I wish I was better, but that's my situation.

This is not a problem for me, and I hope to move up or get more comfortable at the NL$1000 or even $2000 games. Since my win rate is under 1BB/hour at $15/$30 and I know how many hands I am likely to get in during the next 12 months, I can choose to take that 85% bet, and double my BR, or lose my BR and start over.

Because I believe I can start over and get back to a small BR (for me) of 300BB for the $10/$20 game in a few months from only $500, then I have no fear of taking a big gamble. In many ways I did that at the WSOP and in the $30/$60 online games, although I was not risking my whole BR. I have played poker for a long time, but when I started playing online in Sept of 2003, I deposited $200. I've never had to deposit again.

Clear as mud, right? Well, I am what I am.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]