View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 06:05 PM

Default 3 hands from today\'s brutal beat down of my BR

same table at all hands. generally weak-tight preflop, but pretty solid post. And to warn you: just because my title says "brutal beat down" does not mean i lost/won all/some/none of these hands.

Hand #1

MP1: semi-loose preflop. not stupid, but i did find he cold called with 33 on the button 2nd in against an UTG raiser and call a flop filled with overcards and draws. he likes to openlimp, seems to like the usuals from any position if it is unraised: suited connectors, pocket pairs, overcards. would raise preflop with solid holdings.

MP2: solid player from what i've seen. c/r appropriately, knows position, knows when he's beat, and can read a board.

Hero is MP3 with: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Preflop
folded to MP1, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Hero limps, CO folds, Button limps, [/i]SB folds[/i], BB checks.

Flop 5.5SB J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets, MP2 raises</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

Hand #2:

same position which is funny except MP1 in this hand is a TAG. He's tight preflop (9% VPIP/ 5% PFR ) and has raised AA-QQ, KJs, and AK-AJ. his aggression on the flop is 17 over 250 hands: continuation bets A LOT.

MP2 is the same as Hand #1. Solid preflop raises/3-bets, but also is aware of isolations and steals.

Hero is MP3 T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop UTG limps, folded to MP1, <font color="red">MP1 raises, MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

Hand #3:
UTG+2 is a pain in my butt. He doesn't 3-bet preflop with anything. Only preflop raise I've seen is KK when limped to, and I haven't seen him coldcall at all, but he passive postflop. You can't semi-bluff him or bluff him at all if he has a draw or pair on the board or in hand, and he will bet draws if checked to, but won't raise.

MP1 is just a doofus. nuff said.

Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 cold calls, MP1 cold calls, folded to Button, Button cold calls, blinds fold.

Flop 9Sb 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn 6.5BB T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets, UTG+2 raises</font>, folded around, Hero calls.

River 10.5BB 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">Hero....???</font>

I stop the hand here because, well I guess you could debate the turn call depending on what you put UTG+2 on. but the river, I thought maybe I should bet/call? or check/call? or maybe check/fold? check/raise could even be an option depending on what you think he has.