View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: The \"ARMY\" theme is not a good idea

[ QUOTE ]

I quoted in another thread and it bears repeating, "If we don't hang together, surely we will hang seperately."

[/ QUOTE ]

And I nearly threw up then too. The quotation is from Benjamin Franklin.[ QUOTE ]
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

[/ QUOTE ] It's ludicrous to use here. He was referring to the colonists banning together to fight against the British in the revolution in order to overthrow what was viewed as a tyrranical government. His line was accurate, if they had not banded together they all would have perished. You are talking about getting more bonuses from a poker site and your line isn't even accurate.

Poker sites are not actively fighting against us. If we don't get special bonuses for playing a shitload of hands then those of us who win will not go broke, we'll be just like all the other high volume players that either get rakeback or just the usual reload bonuses worth getting. Get serious, what you're doing won't be in any history books of the future.

You still have failed to answer why the sites would do this. As someone else stated they could simply offer all of their players the opportunity to go to the WSOP given enough hands instead of a small group of bonus whores. They would then skip the middleman, and any airtime would all go to them. Furthermore as others have stated more people would attempt it and fail which would raise their amount of play and benefit the site. If you're trying to pitch this idea to the site you need to get past this and I don't think you can. If your goal is to help the high volume players (for example if you were forming a union) then this would be a good idea to pitch. Any high volume players can go to the site and do the promotion. This promotion would probably get airtime or at least online attention and hence the big sites would see that high volume players should be given benefits (they would hopefully see this when their rake leaves during the promotion). Neither the poker site nor we would need you and your so called army to act as middlemen and all (save you since you wouldn't have your ego boost) would be better off.