View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 1/2 PL Omaha. How do you play the flop and turn?

Your post is a little unclear on all streets as to how many people come calling, their positions, and stack sizes. I assume that you are to the left of the raiser.

Preflop, I am reraising no matter what. If the stacks are not too big, I'm raising the max. If the stacks are quite large, I'm raising the minimum and hope he pops its again.

On the 954 flop, the preflop raiser bets the pot into the field and you assume you're behind? I fire it in. You have between 9 and 20 outs if you are behind, and a running pair would probably be fine too. A junky two pair is going to have trouble calling all that. I would expect to win uncontested, and if called win at least 50% of the time.

On the turn the straight comes and its $100 to you, so you muck. How much was in the pot already, how many called on the flop, how much will be left to bet if you flush? Is there enough to convincingly bet if the board pairs?

This is an interesting hand, thanks for posting it. I think your only problem is that you may be the one PLO player who actually UNDERvalues Aces.

Thanks,