View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: A WSOP Main Event Hand

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to believe you have the winner when he makes such a small bet on the end. All you can beat is a bluff basically. Folding leaves you in decent shape. I think that's the play. Looks like villain really wants a call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, sort of. I thought for a long time and eventually called. The bet was very suspicious, but I called because I could think of very few hands that beat me that he would not have raised on the turn with such a scary board. Any two pair or set almost definitely would have raised the turn. I thought that the probability of him making a last ditch effort with a missed Ah was high enough to justify a call, given how large the pot was.

Unfortunately he turned over QJ for the rivered straight and I was crippled. At the time I never really gave it serious thought that he could have QJ. He hit the one fvckin card that he could beat me with but also get me to call on the river.

In hindsight I probably should have folded, although I don't think it was easy. My judgement may have been clouded by my fatigue and the allure of getting to the second day with a pretty big stack.