View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Folding Nut Flush to Turned SF? 5/10

[ QUOTE ]
8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (450)

sb pushes, it's about 1500 to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of people have mentioned that they would c/r the turn if they had the straight flush.

I think that's silly. If the straight flush checks, why the hell would the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bet this turn? You're not going to extract any value from a worse hand, and you're not going to make a better hand fold -- so if sf checks, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checks behind.

Also important is the fact that all you did was call preflop, and then put in a raise in position on the flop. Especially if he calls you a LAG, he must be thinking that you could have made this raise with more than just the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... and he'd have to worry about you having a made flush on the flop that contains a jack, or a flopped straight with the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or a good draw that contains the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He shows none of this fear.

It seems far more probable to me that he would make this play with the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] than with any other two cards.

Question: if you agree with me and think this is a fold, what do you do with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in your hand?