View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 11:16 AM

Default 1/2 PL Omaha. How do you play the flop and turn?

1/2 PL Omaha

I have A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] single suited in the mp.

1 caller
Next player raises to $9
5 players call

We see the flop 6 handed

Flop is 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] ,5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ,4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

The pre-flop raiser makes it $54.

I call. What is the correct play here?

I have $150 left in front of me and I am pretty much covered by everyone.

I call figuring that the bet into a large field from early position means I am behind. I also figure that I might get callers behind me thus improving my odds.

I didn’t think I could drop here with AA, pair of 5s, nut flush draw, and an inside straight draw. The pot was offering me 2/1 and potentially better with more callers.

However, I was only about 37% to hit on the turn and since I wasn’t in LP my chances were low of getting a free card. Also, if most of my clean outs come I am unlikely to get action.

Do you lay down on the flop? Would you push in?

Turn is 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] , putting a potential straight on the board.

Original raiser checks, I check, LP bets $100. Orig. Raiser Calls

I muck.

I am thinking that at this point, my AA can be no good (even if I hit an A the straight will beat it). Same thing goes for hitting a 2. So, I am essentially drawing for a flush at about 3.5 to 1.

River is 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] .

Last player wins with 2 pair 5,6s.
Original player has 9,10,J,Q (only a pair and a non nut flush draw).

Regardless of the fact that I would have won, did I play the turn correctly?

Did I give my opponents too much credit?