Thread: Table Image EV
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Table Image EV

Live $8/$16 last night. I have a very tight and solid image at the table and I'm getting no action at a very loose table (usually 4-7 to the flop). Twice in a couple hours I've opened from EP/MP with AA and won the blinds preflop. Then this hand came up (which, by the way, is not at all indicative of the action I was usually getting):

Villain 1 (TAG) is a possible 2+2er - semi-tight, pretty aggressive, and has been paying attention to my play. I've tangled with him a couple times and know he can fold. He's also a pretty good hand reader. Villain 2 is a LAG luckbox - plays any two cards, bets any two cards, and is up huge. He will fold on the river if he doesn't have a hand.

Preflop: Hero is MP w/ xx.
1 fold, 1 limp, TAG limps, Hero raises, LAG calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop: T 2 5 rainbow
2 checks, TAG bets, Hero raises, LAG calls, TAG calls, everyone else folds

Turn: 9
TAG checks, Hero bets, LAG calls, TAG calls

At this point, both villains are muttering about what I could be holding.

River: A
(LAG says out loud, "If you weren't there before, you got there now." I agree and repeat his sentiment.)
TAG checks, Hero bets, LAG looks back and forth from the board to his cards several times and finally mucks, TAG sighs, thinks for a minute and mucks

I say to the guy on my left who I've been chatting on and off with, "Think this will get me any more action?" and flip over my KQo.

So that's the story, but here's the question: In my situation, was showing that bluff + or - EV? Will the action I get on my big hands later offset the times when I can push around the smaller pots? Bluffing like that is completely against my normal style, which is probably why it worked, but would you have flipped your cards over in my place?