View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Why does everyone talk so bad about sunglasses?

I played in a 150 person MMT a couple of weeks ago.Low stakes, $50 buy in. At one point I got moved to a table where one guy was wearing sunglasses, the hat, WPT t-[censored]...the whole costume. Everyone at the table was chatting, very friendly and everything except for the sunglass guy.

He had the face of stone. Funny thing was, he was absolutely murdering the fish with that table image. If he was UTG and threw (literally) 5 times the BB into the pot the whole table folded. If he came in on the button with a big raise all but AA were folding. I watched this go on for a while waiting for a playable hand. They were terrified of this guy, and the guy was the clear chip leader by a wide margin.

He was playing almost every hand and yet no one gave it a second thought. Once I got in I started talking to him. He was a solid enough player and a pretty nice guy. I'll be damned if he didn't figure a way to intimidate the noobs. He knew exactly what he was doing and I give him credit for it.

That act never works on better players, but he stole enough pots in the first few levels to gain a great lead.

Go figure.