View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Not proud but I think I was right: Dinner list content

I'm feelling a little bad about this now but I still think that I was correct and wanted to get some other opinions.

This weekend I'm at the Borgata in AC and me and my buddy are playing 2+4 holdem. We got there pretty early and when we decided to go to lunch we went and got our names on a list called the "dinner list." Basically, the dinner list is a list where a player can leave to get food and if they return within 90 minutes they are allowed to be put first in line to get back on a table for the same game they left.

We get back from dinner and announce our presence. We are immediately put on the top of the waiting list in a different color, which I assume indicates that we were put there because we were at dinner. We wait for a long time (probably an hour since there was only 2 tables running 2+4 at that point) and I finally get a seat. He keeps waiting. Then I see a seat open up and this old guy sits down. I recognize him as a regular and say to him, "Hey, I think that my buddy was next in line for that seat." He said, "I just got back from dinner so they put me at the top of the list." I say something to the floorperson but am ignored, so I start to get a little annoyed. I fold my next hand and go up to the front desk to talk to the girl who runs the seating. She said, "Sorry thats how I was told to do it," even after I explained what happened.

I go back to the floorman and asked him about it again. He said that he just seats the person he is told to seat. A few minutes later my buddy comes over and says, I dont know what you said but now they are yelling at that girl you talked to.

The worst part is it turns out that it was her last day. I hate to cause trouble but I still think that my buddy who was on the dinner list first and had been waiting first in line for an hour and a half should have gotten the seat before the guy who had just gotten back from dinner.

Did I handle this correctly? Am I wrong?