View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: The \"ARMY\" theme is not a good idea

[ QUOTE ]

I feel like this mostly, because "Odoyles Army" becomes the headliner for any PR the group generates. The poker room itself becomes a mere footnote or subtitle in the story.

However, "Team True Poker", or "Gaming Club Live". A large group of the "common man" (attired in poker room logo wear) all playing in the biggest tournement in the world for FREE simply because thier weekly poker night is online at True Poker is a marketing strategy which can't be beat.

Another reason I don't think the army idea is very good is because its too "gimmicky". A gimmick is worth 15 minutes of fame. Is that what you want to accomplish, or do you want to create a professional group of players whose value and business is taken quite seriously? Or be known as a bunch of assclowns in cheap army fatigues?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Sintax,

The army uniform was simply an idea to garner attention, which I'm sure it would. Showing up in another online poker shirt in a crowd of several thousand people, chances that it is going to get any attention, almost zero!

There are several objections to the army idea, and it's not set in stone, but I do know for this to be effective it does have to be something that is unique and fun so it will be sure to catch the media's eye. Believe me, showing up in a polo shirt with a poker site name on it is going to catch zero attention from the media. (Not unless you go far in the tourney.)

And yes, this is not only about promoting the poker site, it is about promoting ourselves as a group of high volume players. But it will be a two way street, where both the poker site that aligns with us and our group will both benefit.