View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Not capping w/ JJ...dunno why but...

Hey Decifer.

Interesting problem. I know this is the high stakes forum, but doesnt SSHE recommend only capping with pp's above JJ? I wonder if the line is drawn there for any of the reasons in this thread.

Anyway, I am intrigued by the high degree of aggression recommended here when overcards fall- the consensus seems to be a combination of raising/calling down, and definitely not an immediate fold on the flop.

I understand folding w/ an overcard probably seems weak. It does to me, too. But I recall from THFAP the section where Sklansky talks about playing pp's with overcards. Sklansky says that many players spew a lot of chips in this situation, and recommends folding as likely the best option, possibly making one bet into the flop, but giving up at a sign of further aggression.

Why the difference between this section (where Sklansky prescribes a more passive line), and the aggressive approach advocated in this thread? All I can think of is that you guys are talking about only a heads up situation, where TFHAP may be referring generally to more multiway pots? Any thoughts appreciated.

Also, why is this situation a definite flop/turn raise, and not a way ahead/behind call down situation?