View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 06:24 AM

Default The \"ARMY\" theme is not a good idea

I doubt the Army idea would be as apealing to many sites as better marketing plans. And not because of any oversensitive, politically correct sissy reasons some have cited.

I feel like this mostly, because "Odoyles Army" becomes the headliner for any PR the group generates. The poker room itself becomes a mere footnote or subtitle in the story.

However, "Team True Poker", or "Gaming Club Live". A large group of the "common man" (attired in poker room logo wear) all playing in the biggest tournement in the world for FREE simply because thier weekly poker night is online at True Poker is a marketing strategy which can't be beat.

Another reason I don't think the army idea is very good is because its too "gimmicky". A gimmick is worth 15 minutes of fame. Is that what you want to accomplish, or do you want to create a professional group of players whose value and business is taken quite seriously? Or be known as a bunch of assclowns in cheap army fatigues?

Lastly, with all due respect, I'm not O'Doyles bitch nor do I want that reputation. A group of high volume players isnt about any single player. I would have no problem joining a professional association of high volume players. I would have no problem if O'Dolye was a leader in that organization. But "O'Doyles Army", well from what I've heard, his head doesn't need to get any bigger [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]