View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 10:19 PM

Default My few comments on day #2 of WSOP

Not too many tonight- didn't take notes, just watched since the format was generally the same as day one.

Some of the bios were interesting, and the hopping to key hands for the "celebrity" well-know players such as Jesus were okay. The format doesn't give you a lot of poker to view, especially when the shows are only an hour long. I hope the final table is a two hour show.

I should have guessed that a Johnny Chan/"Rounders" piece was coming... even though I love the movie, seemed a bit tedious.

The show seemed to drag a little tonight- was it just me?

It was sorta fun watching Phil H and Sam Grizzle jaw at one another. I unfortunately have to admit that justice was served (i can't believe I am saying this) by Phil busting Sam out.... though I can't believe that Phil DIDN'T put Sam all in with the Ace-high flush near the end.

A couple of hands that Tony D played really surprised me. The AA against Phil's K9, when Phil bet the 9 on the turn- why didn't Tony hit Phil for more chips and/or on the river? I didn't understand that one, even with the board that was out there.

The second one shocked me- he let Phil move him off of trip Jacks? Sorry, I would have had to lose all of my chips there, if I were beaten, because they would have gone over the top of Phil's raise.

I missed the comment, but I assume that the break was coming up when all of the players disappeared and Tony D busted Sam down to a few chip... with Phil playing vulture.

It REALLY is disorienting to suddenly see Sam G with so few chips... and no hand count to give us a WHIFF of a clue.

See everyone next week for day #3.

(I missed that one, Tim, about the 21K... they really need to show the chip counts... not that they will this year)