Thread: Heads up
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Heads up

It is tough to play TPweakK, whether heads up or full-tabled. Some things that I try to consider when playing heads up in particular though, are that your necessary hand strength for taking your hand to the felt should reflect the stack/blind ratios. If either is below 8-10 BB, any top pair is probably worth taking all the way. With both stacks above 15-20, I'd wait for a better hand to get my money in with.

18 BB vs. 12 BB is a rather tough situation to be in. You don't want to double him up, because you'd be down 4 to 1 in chips, which is very hard to come back from with blinds that high. However, the stacks are deep enough that its not just push/fold.
Ironic that the ranges I gave in the last post are too high and too low for this particular situation, isnt it?
Well, in this situation, I'd go with the assumption that he'd raise any king preflop. Youre ahead of most with K9, so push it in. If he doesnt have a king, let him call with the worst of it. If he folds, then you've stretched your chiplead out further.

sorry it didnt work out this time, hopefully you'll take down the next one.