Thread: fishy AJo hands
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: fishy AJo hands

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1:
Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in UTG+1

Preflop
1 fold, Hero calls, 1 fold, 2 calls, 1 fold, 2 calls, BB checks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise here.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I want a cap here. SB is a tight, aggressive player. Unfortunately, the suited board, the number of the players in the hand, and his being in the SB kind of confuses me as to what he could be holding. 55, 66, 56, 78, 34, and nearly any jack are big possibilities. Overcards + flush draws not as likely, since he probably would have raised the likes of AQs etc. preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a lone flush draw? He might be rasing with Ax spades since he's getting proper odds to raise.

I'd also bet the turn. Most players realize they can't get a check raise twice in a row and will bet out the strong hands. I think its more likely that he was on a flush draw raising for value on the flop and is now planning to check and call.

The river is tough to say. I would probably just call since many hands that he would bet in this spot will fold to a raise. But I'm not confident about this suggestion.

Hand 2 I would check call the turn and probably fold an unimrpoved river. Given the action I think your probably done here.

-z