View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Turn chip spewing?

[ QUOTE ]

Here's where I donkey up. I figured if BB had AK, he picked up a gutshot, also knew button was on a draw, and thought he could push me off AJ or somesuch. With my picked up draw and four other outs to twopair/trip, as well as the chance that I was already ahead and to further charge buttons draw, I 3bet.. is this a not even close bad play, or a probably doesn't matter either way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't looked at the results yet... but yuck! So you think a taggy player that seems to be on the tight side based on your stats 3-bets from BB, calls two cold on the flop and raises the turn with overcards and a gutshot when he has two opponents? I really doubt that he is trying to "move" you off anything simply because it usually doesn't work. Especially in a 3 way pot where the guy that almost certainly is on a draw and 3-bet the flop just bet again when he had the perfect opportunity to take a free card.

Maybe you shouldn't be so focused on your first read but make room to change it as the hand progresses?