View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: 2/4:overpair vs possible flush-wasn\'t sure what to do in this situ

"In any case, I certainly won't check/fold here since my hand could be good and my draw could be good. I think it's too much hand to c/f. I probably c/c though. And then maybe c/f the turn. Most people won't fire two shots on this scary of a board without beating you."

i see what you are saying,but i think people with A8 with bet again,because in this game i could well have a crappy flush draw,and if i check to someone with a crappy flush draw i think they'll quite possibly bet again and i'll fold the best hand
i bet out to avoid these two situations,i suppose,both of which seem quite likely to me
what would you advise doing differently to avoid folding the best hand,or should i just check fold the turn anyway?

"In any case, I certainly won't check/fold here since my hand could be good and my draw could be good. I think it's too much hand to c/f."

if this was my reasoning on the flop,as it was,why does that change on a none too threatening turn?
(i'm not disputing that it might,just trying to figure out why,given that i think if i check the turn a bet could mean anything)