View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: 2/4:overpair vs possible flush-wasn\'t sure what to do in this situ

[ QUOTE ]
you are forgetting JJ with d, QQ with d, KK with d, AA with d.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the most likely hand that cold calls your flop bet. I suppose the flopped nut flush might just call to slow play his hand, too. A low suited connector raising in late positiong that hit his flush would probably come over the top to make you pay to see another diamond. A naked Ad or Kd as part of AK (or AQ) might also call, but with position on you he has a big advantage. I think I would have check/folded this flop with that many players, including the preflop raiser behind you. You were not in the lead preflop, you missed your set, so don't get too attached to a low over pair like TT out of position. Since you took a stab and got called, I really think you're wasting money putting more money in after that. I'd try to check it on the turn and river, folding to 1/5 pot or more bet from the preflop raiser on any steet.

I think it was a mistake to bet from EP on this flop with only TT. Now, if you had reraised preflop, then led out into this board you might have fewer players to act behind you and you might have more folding equity. But, that would open up the initial raiser to push with AA or KK or whatever. So, I like calling for set value preflop - just don't change the plan post-flop just because you have a weak overpair and a mid-level flush draw. No set, no bet.